Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

CD1 - It begins!

Well, here goes nothing! AF arrived right on time this morning and so it begins. The practice I go to does IUI's generally on CD14, lucky for me it falls squarely on Thanksgiving Day. So, it will most likely be the day before or after. It would be awesome if it was the day after, however, since I will already be off work and can loaf away the whole weekend. I got my Ovidrel shot in the mail yesterday and there was a little bag of Hershey's kisses in the box as well! What a nice touch. I'll start the Clomid on Sunday. Hopefully the side effects won't be too gnarly. I found out this week that a good friend is pregnant. She has been through a lot of infertility treatment, including loss of twins in the second trimester, and finally had a healthy daughter after an IUI. This baby was a surprise. I'm thrilled for her, because she's been through a lot. I'm waiting for the RE to call me back so I can schedule everything (I'm having an HSG this month as well, in addition to all the IUI stuff). I'm anxious to put the dates on my calendar!

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are moving along! I hope your hsg is a piece of cake (remember to take some Advil about an hour before). Hoping for a Friday after Thanksgiving transfer for you so you can relax!

    ReplyDelete