Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

IUI #1 - Lessons learned

I'm hanging in there. No real breakdown, just a general feeling of disappointment and sadness. I have lots of work and Christmas activities to keep me busy. Just trying to "relax," as they say.

Lessons learned from IUI #1:
1. All the crazy symptoms were probably the result of the Clomid and HCG.
2. Clomid makes me fat, bloated and covered in zits.
3.The more people you tell about the IUI, the more people you have to tell that it didn't work.

Goals for this month:
1. Start exercising again and try to lose a few pounds. I am at an all-time high right now, weight-wise, and while I'm not what you would call obese, my BMI does classify me as "overweight" and none of my clothes fit.
2. Stick to the charting and Chinese medicine this month, and stay the hell off of FertilityFriend boards. They make me a bit crazy.

I had acupuncture last night and, again, my TCM doctor says that she really thinks we can conceive naturally. She compared my charts over the last 3 months and we can see a definite improvement in my temperatures. That gives me some reassurance, though I wish I could just let go and stop obsessing. Thanks to all of you for your kind support - it's greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, there! Here from Mel's blogroll. Just wanted to send a little note to tell you that I know exactly where you are coming from. I was so hopeful that our first IUI would work -- and was devastated to have to tell the world (literally!) when it didn't.

    Hoping, though, that the RE learned some lessons from this cycle as well and that he's on his way to tweaking your next one so that your BFP isn't far away.

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete