Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

100th post!

Welcome to my 100th post!  This blog started when my fertility treatment started and I can't believe it's been 100 posts.  Thanks for sharing the journey with me.

I just got back from a much-needed vacation.  It was nice to get away and recharge my batteries.  I was hoping to have a message from my doctor's office when I got back, but no such luck.  I called them today and scheduled a consult for April 8 to discuss next steps.  I'm still not sure if I'll stick with them for the FET - I'll decide after the consult.  To add insult to injury, I had a bill waiting for me when I got back of over $1800 for some things that my insurance didn't cover (apparently when they saw the "infertility" diagnosis, they denied EVERYTHING).  I'm going to try and fight it a little bit, but I doubt they'll pay.  I HATE that so few insurance companies cover fertility treatments.

I'm still feeling pretty bad about the IVF failure.  Those first two weeks were the worst - I walked around in a total funk.  I could barely get out of bed, go to work and get through my day.  It's getting a little better (I've started exercising again and the trip really helped) but still not fully ready to get back on the horse for the FET.  I imagine it will probably take place around May.

No comments:

Post a Comment