Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Gearing up for IUI #4...

I was holding out the (irrational and unrealistic) hope that maybe I'd get magically pregnant naturally last cycle, but it didn't happen.  You would think after 30 cycles of negative pregnancy tests, I would learn my lesson.  It's highly unlikely to happen this month, too.  So, I'm gearing up for my 4th IUI next month.  I expect that it will probably happen the 3rd week in August.  Unfortunately, that is when I was planning to spend time down at the beach with my family, but the IUI takes precedence.  I seriously considered putting the IUI off another month so that I could have some beach time this summer, but I don't want to drag it out anymore.  I want to get in at least 2 injectable IUI cycles before the end of the year so that we can pursue IVF early next year, if necessary.  I'm going to order the meds next week so I'll be ready to go. 

We just planned a fun trip to Colorado the week before Christmas and may also take a Caribbean vacation over Thanksgiving.  We also are going to DH's hometown over Labor Day for a wedding, so we have some travel to look forward to in the next few months.

3 comments:

  1. You have lot of great travel to look forward too! August is coming up fast, good luck with your 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on your IUI!! Think positive thoughts.... so much fun to look forward to :D

    ReplyDelete