Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

39 weeks = misery

I'll be 39 weeks on Monday.  Things have taken a turn for the miserable.  Unlike when I was at this stage with S, I am having super uncomfortable cramping and intermittent contractions if I walk around too much.  I think it's because the baby is super low, so when he is moving around his head is right against my cervix.  To make matters worse, I have had a splitting headache for 5 days.  I actually went to the OB about it on Wednesday, because I haven't had a headache like this in a long time.  But my blood pressure is normal and I'm having no other symptoms, so they're just calling it a migraine.  Nearly a week has gone by and my head is still splitting.  I have a high pain tolerance normally, but it is nearly unbearable and tylenol barely puts a dent in it.  I called the OB today to see what he suggests, so he called me in a prescription for tylenol with codeine.  I go to pick it up this afternoon and the pharmacy (Schmalgreens) refuses to fill it, saying that I should not be taking codeine if pregnant, even though my OB is the one who called it in.  I drove home in tears.  Ugh, I'm just praying that I go into labor soon, I can't take any more!  On the positive side, I'm pretty much wrapped up at work and don't have to go in anymore if I don't feel like it. 

4 comments:

  1. WTF? How can the pharmacy decline your meds. I'd write the corporate office and bitch. Seriously, WTF?

    Hope you get some relief. Hang in there! XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, hopefully you are currently bringing that baby into the world. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, hang in there. I only made it a little past 34 weeks my twins, but I certainly understand how it is to feel miserable at the end of a pregnancy.

    The end is in sight! Wishing you all the best for a healthy and happy delivery! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you've gotten relief by now from that awful headache. I also pray for a healthy and happy baby, and delivery for you. You're almost there! :-)

    ReplyDelete