Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

39 weeks = misery

I'll be 39 weeks on Monday.  Things have taken a turn for the miserable.  Unlike when I was at this stage with S, I am having super uncomfortable cramping and intermittent contractions if I walk around too much.  I think it's because the baby is super low, so when he is moving around his head is right against my cervix.  To make matters worse, I have had a splitting headache for 5 days.  I actually went to the OB about it on Wednesday, because I haven't had a headache like this in a long time.  But my blood pressure is normal and I'm having no other symptoms, so they're just calling it a migraine.  Nearly a week has gone by and my head is still splitting.  I have a high pain tolerance normally, but it is nearly unbearable and tylenol barely puts a dent in it.  I called the OB today to see what he suggests, so he called me in a prescription for tylenol with codeine.  I go to pick it up this afternoon and the pharmacy (Schmalgreens) refuses to fill it, saying that I should not be taking codeine if pregnant, even though my OB is the one who called it in.  I drove home in tears.  Ugh, I'm just praying that I go into labor soon, I can't take any more!  On the positive side, I'm pretty much wrapped up at work and don't have to go in anymore if I don't feel like it. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, hopefully you are currently bringing that baby into the world. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, hang in there. I only made it a little past 34 weeks my twins, but I certainly understand how it is to feel miserable at the end of a pregnancy.

    The end is in sight! Wishing you all the best for a healthy and happy delivery! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you've gotten relief by now from that awful headache. I also pray for a healthy and happy baby, and delivery for you. You're almost there! :-)

    ReplyDelete