Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

32 weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain:  As of last week, I've gained 22 lb so far.  I'm sure I'm up to at least 25 by now, I've gained more in the last few weeks than in the first 2 trimesters combined.

Maternity Clothes:  All the time!  A few things that fit well earlier on are getting tight.

Stretch marks:  Still none, but I'm starting to get a linea negra!

Sleep:  So - so.  I get about 7-8 hrs a night, but it's hit or miss.  I can only sleep on my left at this point.  If I sleep on my right, I get the rib pain which has been the bane of my existence for the last 2 months.

Movement:   All I can say is "oof!"  I'm really getting some strong jabs at this point, as he runs out of room.

Cravings/Aversions:  I've been eating more lately, especially since the heartburn has gotten under control via Zantac 2x a day.  Lots of pasta and rice.

Gender:  Still a boy!

Symptoms:  Not to complain, but I'm getting into the "dog days"!  More back and rib pain.  I can't sit comfortably in any chair, no matter how comfy, for more than about 20 minutes.  Long drives are starting to really get hard (and I drive frequently for work between 3 offices in 3 counties).  I have frequent BH contractions, especially when I go from sitting to standing.  It's getting harder to bend or crouch down.  On the positive side, the heartburn is well controlled and my hair is so thick and luxurious!  I will miss it when it inevitably falls out!

What I miss:  Being able to sit comfortably! 

What I look forward to:  The next ultrasound (which is Friday June 8) so I can see what's going on with the baby's cord.  We'll probably get a better idea about bedrest / c-section at that time. 

Moods:  Also so-so.  Trying to be cheerful as possible but getting a little snippy at work!

Milestones: None this week, but every week that goes by he's more ready to be born! 

Medical concerns:  Just the issue with the cord placement, we'll see about that on June 8.

Misc:  My shower is in 3 weeks and can't come soon enough.  I'm feeling pretty nest-y and not very prepared for his arrival.  We did just get his crib and dresser, but no mattress or sheets yet.  We have very few clothes, a few hand me down diapers, his carseat and stroller, that's about it!  Still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that we'll (God willing) have our baby at home in about 8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment