Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

28 weeks

I can't believe I'm 28 weeks and in the 3rd trimester!  Where did the time go?  Time for a long-overdue update.

Total Weight Loss/Gain:  As of yesterday, I have gained 19 lbs so far.  After a pretty slow start, I'm starting to gain in earnest!  I gained 4 lb since my last doc appt 2 weeks ago.

Maternity Clothes:  I have 2 pre-pregnancy tops I can still wear, other than that all maternity clothes.  Some of the clothes are getting tight (especially pants) and the full-panel pants are getting more and more uncomfortable. 

Stretch marks:  Still none!

Sleep:  Pretty good lately, getting up 1-2x a night to use the bathroom, but I can get right back to sleep.

Movement:  Lots of movement every day.  Since yesterday, I have started feeling (I think) his actual knees or elbows as he shifts from one position to another.  He's definitely growing and kicking stronger, though I don't know what position he is in.  I'll find out at my ultrasound on May 14.

Cravings/Aversions:  Not much of an appetite these days, mostly because the heartburn is killing me.  I have been taking Zan.tac 150 daily and eating Tums like candy, the doc gave me the OK to take the Zantac 2x a day.

Gender:  A boy!

Symptoms:  The worst one is the heartburn.  It used to start around 2pm, now it is starting after breakfast.  The medicine controls it though.  I have sciatica pain when I get out of bed at night and leg cramps in the morning.  I'm having a lot of pain in my ribs, especially while seated.  It's getting harder to put on socks, tie my shoes, pick things up off the floor, etc.  Really feeling "pregnant" at this point!  (NOT that I'm complaining, I'm grateful every day for this pregnancy, really!)

What I miss:  Being able to move around, bend over, crouch down easily and sit on the sofa comfortably.

What I look forward to:  My next ultrasound, so I can see how he has grown!  My shower, which will be June 16.

Moods:  Pretty good!  I've been a little snappy with poor Bunny, but I've been mostly in a good mood.

Milestones: I reached the 3rd trimester last week!  He's also now considered "viable" though would still be very premature if he was born now. 

Medical concerns:  I'll have an ultrasound May 14 to see if the placenta has moved away from the cervix, hopefully it has.  I passed the gestational diabetes test, so we're all good there!

Misc:  Lots going on since the last post.  We moved to a new home last week!  It was a lot of work but we're making good progress every day in unpacking.  It is a beautiful home and we're very happy there.  Now we just need to sell our place!  Our nursery is totally empty, as we still have no furniture.  I have the glider and crib on the registry, we'll probably buy just the dresser ourselves.  We still don't have much baby stuff, because we're expecting to get a ton of stuff at the shower.  I still don't feel like this is really real - I probably won't until after he is born.  Thanks for hanging in there with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment