Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

30 weeks

Just a quickie this time.  I had an ultrasound today to check on the location of the placenta.  It's a good news / bad news situation.  The good news is that the baby looks great and placenta has moved away from the cervix, so no more placenta previa.  The bad news is that the cord is attached on the side of the placenta closest to the cervix and is therefore in between the baby's head and the cervix.  (He's not fully head down yet, his head is at about 5'oclock if you were facing me.)  If the cord doesn't move out of the way, I'll have to have a C-section because of the risk of umbilical prolapse (aka cord coming out before baby)  There's still 10 weeks for it to resolve and I'm hoping it resolves itself because I really don't want to have a C-section.  But, there's nothing I can do about it, so I'll just have to wait and see.  It was nice to see the baby and how he has grown since the last ultrasound 6 weeks ago.  He's weighing in at around 3.5 lbs.  They didn't do a 3D but I got some good profile pics - click here and here to see them.

There was some very sad news yesterday in the infertility blogosphere.  One of my very favorite bloggers, Jennepper, lost her sweet Ainsley a few days ago.  She and her family have been on my mind all day and I can't even imagine what they are going through, especially after already losing Ainsley's identical twin.  My thoughts and prayers go out to the Knepper family.

No comments:

Post a Comment