Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Anatomy scan results

The scan went pretty well - it's a boy!!  He's measuring totally normal and all his parts look fine.  My mom, husband and MIL were in attendance and were excited to see their grandson.  Two minor issues were discovered, however - my placenta is very close to the cervix, so I may have partial placenta previa at this point.  But, this can resolve itself as the uterus grows.  The other issue is that the umbilical cord is attached at the very edge of the placenta (it's usually right around the middle) and is also quite close to the cervix.  Again, it won't cause any issues now, but could cause complications later in the pregnancy.  My next ultrasound is in 30 days, on April 2nd.  I'll have a fetal echocardiogram next Friday (this was only recommended due to the fact that I  had IVF, they don't think there's any issues with the baby's heart.



I'm not going to post any more sonogram pictures directly on the blog, out of sensitivity to my infertile friends, click here and here if you'd like to see some pics.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Glad you were able to get it rescheduled pretty quickly, I am sure not soon enough as I am dying to know the sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your son! sorry to hear about your placenta; here's hoping it turns out not to be a serious or ongoing issue.

    ReplyDelete